A ceremony was held on 22 May 2017 marking the completion of the biggest investment of TAMEH Czech s.r.o. – commissioning of a new K14 fluid boiler.
The members of the top management of ArceloMittal, TAURON and TAMEH used this opportunity to thank their partners and well-wishers for their support and cooperation.
In the ceremony, employees of local administrative authorities, financial institutions and suppliers could see the new boiler.
Interesting facts about the K14 boiler:
- The largest single investment in the ironworks since the 1990s (CZK 1.8 billion)
- Start of construction: 15 December 2014
- Height: 54 meters
- The boiler does not stand on the ground but is suspended from a supporting steel structure weighing over 1,200 tons.
- The steel pressure parts of the boiler weigh 1,000 tons.
- It produces steam with the following technical parameters: 248 MWth, 89 kg/s, 104 bar, and 525 °C.
- The biggest progress in the construction was recorded in September and October 2015, when an average of 18,000 hours a week were worked on the construction.